‚ÄčOur History

Originally established in 1870 by his grandfather, Manley Uriah Preston (1849-1925), and continued by his father, James D. Hall (1865-1943), Leonard P. Hall (1898 - 1996) provided funeral service to Delhi area families, from 1931 to 1967.  A Delaware County native, born in Davenport, Leonard obtained his NY State "Undertaker's" and "Embalmer's" licenses in 1930, then becoming a part of his family's long-established funeral service tradition.
 A dignified and unassuming gentleman, often referred to as "The impeccably-dressed Mr. Hall", he quietly provided funeral care to area families, for many years. Fondly remembered as a successful businessman, avid fisherman, hunter and outdoorsman, upon his retirement in 1967, Mr. Hall sold the funeral home to Robert A. Peet, who still continues in its operation.
In January, 2014, Paul L. Decker II acquired an interest and joined Mr. Peet.